To my amazement, Ava didn't take one look at her bowl and tell me she did like it - instead she ate everything I served her and then asked for more - and then more and then more again! I don't know what the secret was tonight, but I did pull out the big guns when I prepared it..... Instead of beef mince, I tried a combination of Pork and Veal mince. I then put it in the food processor and mixed it up with the bolognaise sauce before I cooked it. I then steamed some sweet potato and pureed it up, before mixing it in with the mince as it was cooking.
My inspiration came from a book my sister bought me last year called - 'Deceptively Delicious' by Jessica Seinfeld. The book is loaded with basic recipes - sweet and savoury, that have a variety of different, and most importantly, undetectable vegetable or fruit purees in them, so that our kids are eating nutritious foods and don't even know it ( if your kids are anything like mine and faint at the sight of a green vegetable).
I have begun freezing a few different pureed vegies so they are on hand for our next meal - I wish that my two little ones realised the value of eating healthy vegies, but until this day comes, I feel happy that they are eating them - in any way that I can get them into their little tummies :)

No comments:
Post a Comment