Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NEW YEAR - NEW PRIORITIES

I've been meaning to do something like this for quite some time now, but with two young children, there always seems to be much more important things to focus on.
I have decided this year however, that I need to start making more time for me. I've heard it said so many times that in order to be a happy and satisfied parent and partner, we as mothers have to make a concious effort to put ourselves first. This is easy to say, but extremely difficult to practice - so.... this is my first baby step towards finding myself again and becoming a better mum in the process.
"When our children are growing up,
we need to take extra care of ourselves,
both physically and emotionally.
It is a heavy burden for a child
to live with a mother who is often ill or unhappy"
Judy Ashberg 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment